Cajun Shrimp Guacamole Bites, the perfect appetizer for your next game day party! Gluten free & paleo, with only 70 calories a serving and amazing flavor.
- 1 sweet potatoes, sliced in 1/4″ slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to season
- 1lb. large raw shrimp, peel and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small avocados
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime (about 2–3 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cover bottom of baking sheet with tin foil. Add 1 tablespoon of olive to tin foil and using a brush, spread the olive oil over the entire pan so it is coated. Place the sweet potato slices on the prepared baking sheet.
- Pour remaining tablespoon of olive oil into a small dish, using a brush, brush the tops of the sweet potato slices with olive oil. Lightly season with salt.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently flip the sweet potatoes slices over using a pair of tongs. Place back in oven and bake an additional 5-7 minutes. Remove and let sit.
- To prepare the Guacamole: Add avocado, cilantro, lime juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt to a food processor or blender. Lightly pulse until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare the Chipotle Shrimp: In a small bowl, add shrimp, smoked paprika, ground cumin, sea salt, and chipotle chili powder. Toss the shrimp to coat in the seasoning blend.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil to the pan and then place the shrimp. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Assemble the bites. Top each sweet potato slice with a dollop of guacamole, one shrimp, and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve
- Serving Size: 2 bites
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 271 mg
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 38 mg
Keywords: paleo party appetizer, gluten free appetizer recipe, healthy shrimp appetizer recipe