If you’re looking for an easy pasta recipe, this Burst Tomato Pasta will fit the bill! It is light, fresh, and simple to make, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 2 pints of cherry tomato
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. of thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup of reserved pasta liquid
- 1/2 cup of basil, thinly sliced
- 1– 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to finish
- salt to taste
- Fill one large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- In the meantime, heat a large sauce pan to medium high heat. Add olive oil and minced garlic cloves to the saucepan.
- Saute for 30 seconds and no more so the garlic does not burn.
- Next, add cherry tomatoes to saucepan and season with salt.
- Toss to coat the tomatoes with the olive oil and garlic.
- Cover and let the tomatoes saute for 7-10 minutes or until tomatoes burst and are wrinkly.
- In the meantime, add thin spaghetti pasta to the boiling water. Cook until al dente.
- Once, pasta is done. Reserve pasta water and drain the rest. Put drained pasta and tomato mixture into a large bowl.
- Add in reserved pasta water, additional olive oil, fresh thinly sliced basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to coat. Add additional salt or olive oil if needed.
- Serve with a glass of red wine and some nice crunchy bread! 🙂
Keywords: easy pasta dishes, easy pasta dinners, easy recipes with pasta