- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons poppyseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon blood orange zest
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup noosa vanilla yogurt (or greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons blood orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Grease a loaf pan with a small amount of coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mix, white whole wheat flour, baking powder, blood orange zest, salt, and poppyseed. Whisk together.
- In a small bowl mix melted coconut oil, vanilla yogurt, vanilla extract, fresh blood orange juice, raw honey, and eggs. Whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add batter to prepared loaf pan. (optional: top with two slices of blood orange)
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 69 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg