This Blackened Shrimp Quinoa Bowl topped with a silky Avocado Crema is an easy & delicious gluten free recipe that’s made in just 30 minutes!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Tri-color Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 4 piquillo peppers, julienned
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups spinach, thinly sliced
- 2 Avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- To make the Quinoa: add 2 cups of water, 1 cup of quinoa, and 3/4 cup of frozen corn to a small saucepan. Bring quinoa to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes or until water is evaporated. When done, fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- To make the Avocado Crema: add avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to a small food processor or blender. Blend until avocados are smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- To make the Blackened Shrimp: Add garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, and salt to a small bowl. Stir to mix. Add prepared shrimp to a medium bowl. Season with the shrimp with the spice blend. Toss to coat the shrimp with the spice blend.
- Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil to the pan and then the shrimp. Add shrimp in two batches so you don’t crowd the pan. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Assemble the bowl: add 3/4 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup spinach, 1 piquillo pepper, 1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes, handful of green onions, 4-5 shrimp, and then drizzle with avocado crema!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1079 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 143 m g
Keywords: easy shrimp recipe, best shrimp recipe, quinoa bowl recipe, quinoa bowl, best quinoa recipe, shrimp dinner recipe, quick and easy dinner, easy healthy dinner recipe