The Best Spicy Shrimp Tacos Recipe you’ll ever make – ready in 30 minutes and loaded with flavor. Pan Seared Shrimp rubbed with a smoky spicy rub, served on corn tortillas, and topped with a cilantro lime slaw, fresh pico and an epic avocado crema!
Spicy Shrimp Tacos:
- 2lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- optional: fresh pico de gallo
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
Cilantro Lime Slaw:
- To a large bowl, add green cabbage, purple cabbage, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, cilantro, honey, salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat and set aside.
- To a food processor add, avocado, garlic, 1/4 cup cilantro, cumin, red pepper flakes, 1.5 tablespoons of lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and salt. Blend until smooth and looks like a puree or dressing. Set aside.
Spicy Shrimp Tacos:
- To a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Stir to blend everything together.
- Add shrimp to a bowl, season shrimp with spice blend and toss to coat.
- Heat a large non-skillet skillet to medium high heat.
- Add avocado oil to pan once hot and immediately add seasoned shrimp. Sear each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set on a plate to rest.
- To heat corn tortillas: heat a skillet to medium high heat, spray both sides of tortilla with cooking spray and cook for 1-2 minutes on either side until browned.
- Assemble Spicy Shrimp Tacos: To one heated corn tortilla add 2 tablespoons of avocado crema, 1/3 cup slaw, 2-4 shrimp and (optional) pico de gallo.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 331 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 113 mg
Keywords: spicy shrimp tacos, spicy shrimp tacos recipe, how to make shrimp tacos, shrimp tacos, shrimp tacos recipe, easy shrimp tacos, baja shrimp tacos, cilantro lime slaw, cabbage slaw for fish tacos, best shrimp taco recipe