Tender chunks of chicken are soaked in a tangy pineapple marinade, then threaded onto skewers with fresh vegetables in these flavorful kabobs! Seared to pure perfection on the grill, they really are the Best Marinated Chicken Kabobs.
For the Marinated Chicken
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
For the Kabob Veggies
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 large orange pepper, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 large yellow pepper, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2” coins
- 2 red onion, cut into quarters
Marinate the Chicken
- To a small bowl add pineapple juice, tamari sauce, lime juice, smoked paprika and garlic. Whisk together until combined.
- Add chicken cubes to a large ziplock bag.
- Pour the marinade into the ziplock bag with the chicken. Release as much air from the bag as you can and seal. Toss the chicken around to coat the chicken with the marinade.
- Let chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight if possible.
Build & Grill the Kabobs
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and start to assemble the kabobs.
- To a metal kabob skewer, add zucchini, red pepper, yellow pepper, onion and chicken. Repeat until the skewer is full. Continue to add on skewers until everything is used up
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (375-400°F).
- Place kabobs on the grill and grill each side for 3-4 minutes, until charred. Brush the remaining marinade on the kabobs for one last flavor burst. Grill for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve!
- Makes 6-8 kabobs.
- To Store: Let everything cool completely, then remove the chicken and veggies from the skewers. Refrigerate cooled chicken and veggies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat: Spread out leftovers on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 300°F for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serving Size: 1 kabob
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 766 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 49 mg
Keywords: chicken skewers, chicken kabobs on grill, marinade for chicken kabobs