The Best Easy Sweet & Spicy Dill Pickles – learn how to make pickles at home that are better than the store. Crispy, tangy, spicy and sweet these Dill Pickles make a delicious snack or sandwich topping. No canning necessary for these easy refrigerator pickles.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry dill or 3 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup distilled vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 – 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 of a fresh habanero pepper
- 3 cups sliced cucumbers, cut into 1/4” crinkle cut slices
- To a saucepan add vinegar, water, apple cider vinegar, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- To a 32 ounce mason jar add dill, mustard seed, thinly sliced onion, garlic cloves, habanero pepper and cucumber slices.
- Pour vinegar mixture over pickles and cover. Store in refrigerator for 24 hours, better at 48 hours.
** As with everything. The longer pickles sit the more flavor they absorb.
Keywords: refrigerator pickles, homemade pickles, dill pickles, dill pickle recipe, how to make dill pickles, how to make pickles, refrigerator dill pickles, homemade dill pickles, how to make homemade dill pickles