The Best BBQ Chicken Recipe you’ll ever make, rubbed with a smoky chipotle spice rub, grilled to perfection then slathered in a homemade bbq sauce. A quick & easy grilled BBQ Chicken that’s juicy, tender and loaded with flavor.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup Homemade BBQ Sauce
Smoky Chipotle Spice Blend:
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, 375-400°F.
- To a small bowl add, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper. Gently mix.
- Pat chicken breast dry with a paper towel.
- Season both sides of chicken with spice blend.
- Rub down grill grates with olive oil soaked rag or spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts on grill. Grill for 5 minutes and flip, cook an additional 5-6 minutes. Then baste chicken with bbq sauce, and cook for an 1 minute. Flip and repeat basting and grill for 1 minute. Remove chicken when they have reached 165°F.
- Place bbq chicken on a plate and let rest for 5 minutes to let juices redistribute. Serve with more BBQ if you like them “saucey.”
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 603 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 97 mg
Keywords: bbq chicken recipe, bbq chicken, how to make bbq chicken, grilled bbq chicken, bbq chicken recipe grill