These Beer Braised Slow Cooker Brisket Sliders are made with tender brisket slathered with a creamy horseradish aioli and served on Hawaiian rolls. An easy appetizer idea that’s sure to be devoured as soon as it hits the table!
Slow Cooker Beer Braised Brisket:
- 3lb. trimmed brisket
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 (12 oz) cans lager beer
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tablespoon whole mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24–30 whole wheat Hawaiian rolls
- 2 cups arugula
For Horseradish Aioli:
- To a medium bowl add mayo, prepared horseradish, whole grain mustard, lemon juice and garlic powder. Stir to mix everything together and set aside.
- To a small bowl add garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, black pepper, onion powder, ancho chili powder and thyme. Mix everything together.
- Rub spice blend into both sides of the brisket.
- Place seasoned brisket in a large (2-3 gallon) ziplock bag. (or you could place on a baking sheet on cover with tin foil) Let the brisket sit overnight.
- Add seasoned brisket to a slow cooker. (you may need to cut it up to make it fit)
- Next add sliced onion on top and cover with your choice of beer.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
- Turn the broiler on to HIGH.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Remove brisket from the slow cooker and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Place brisket in the oven and broil on HIGH for 5 minutes. (this will give you a nice “char” and burnt ends type taste)
- Slice brisket. (you could add the sliced brisket back into the beer to keep it moist if you aren’t serving it right away)
- To each Hawaiian roll add 1 teaspoon of horseradish aioli, a small handful of arugula and 2 slices of brisket.
- Repeat process until all the sliders are prepared.
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 333 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
Keywords: slow cooker beef recipe, sandwiches, beef brisket, slow cooker brisket, brisket sliders, game day recipes, how to make sliders, game day food, party food ideas