30 Minute BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes topped with Broccoli Slaw. These Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are an easy gluten free recipe that’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce (your favorite)
- 4 medium fat sweet potatoes
- 12 oz. package of broccoli slaw
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Wash sweet potatoes with water. Poke with a knife 5-6 times. Then wrap each individual sweet potato with paper towel so they are completely covered, no skin showing.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the microwave and cook on HIGH for 5-8 minutes. Or until tender. Set aside and let cool.
- In the meantime, to a medium bowl add shredded chicken and bbq sauce. Using a fork mix the sauce in until the chicken is completely coated. Set aside.
- To a small bowl add mustard, honey, garlic powder, smoked paprika, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk until emulsified and the vinegar no longer separates from the oil.
- To another medium bowl add broccoli slaw. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss to coat everything.
- Assemble. Slice a sweet potato down the middle and fill it with bbq chicken then top with broccoli slaw and sliced avocado. Repeat for each sweet potato and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed sweet potato
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 619 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
Keywords: 30 minute meal, poultry, gluten free, stuffed sweet potato, bbq chicken, broccoli slaw, easy dinner ideas, easy sweet potato recipe