This easy Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken recipe is made in just one pan! It’s so flavorful and delicious, and it only takes about a half hour to make!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon course mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into 6 even slices
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh sliced basil
- Season both sides of chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and chicken thighs to pan. Cook each side of the chicken thigh for 5-8 minutes, until there is no longer any pink.
- Remove chicken from the pan.
- Add in garlic and onions. Saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add in balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey. Using a whisk, stir everything together, being sure to get the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to medium low. Let balsamic simmer for another 3-4 minutes stirring the entire time.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, place one slice of mozzarella on each chicken. Cover and let cook on medium low to low for another 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken with tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh + toppings
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 880 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 45 g
- Cholesterol: 177 mg
Keywords: one pan chicken dinner, caprese chicken, easy one pan dinners