Gluten Free Baked Chicken Parmesan Bites served with a homemade marinara sauce make the perfect kids school lunch, game day appetizer or quick dinner recipe!
Chicken Parmesan Bites:
- 2 lbs. Just BARE Chicken Tenders, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 cup gluten free panko breakcrumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 28 oz. of crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffoned
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a small bowl add egg whites. Set aside.
- To a medium bowl add panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, parsley and oregano. Using a spoon gently stir everything together. Set aside.
- Set up your “line up.” Chicken Tenders. Egg Whites. Panko Mixture. Baking Sheet. Now go through the line. Add chicken tenders to the egg white mixture. Coat them completely with egg white mixture and place coated chicken in panko cheese bowl. Press the chicken tenders into the panko mixture so they are completely coated. Next place prepared chicken bites on baking sheet. Continue this process until all the chicken tenders are done.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake 10 minutes. Flip the chicken bites and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until the center of the chicken is 165 degrees F. Remove from oven and let rest.
- Heat a small saucepan to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil to pan and then add onions and garlic. Saute until the onions are translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add in crushed tomatoes and bring to a slow simmer. Then add in fresh basil, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve chicken parmesan bites with marinara sauce.
- Serving Size: 6-8 chickens
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 365 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 73 mg
Keywords: gluten free, kid friendly, 30 minute meal, appetizer, baked chicken recipes, chicken parmesan, chicken bites, simple dinner ideas,