These delicious Baked Apples with Cinnamon Mascarpone are topped with toasted coconut flakes for the perfect fall dessert recipe. They’re like cute little apple pies!
- 1/2 cup unsweetend coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 apples, halved, core removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, sliced into 6 thin pieces (keep cold)
- cinnamon to dash
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spread coconut flakes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, until slightly browned. Remove from oven, place coconut flakes on a plate and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place apple halves in a glass 13×9 baking dish flesh side up. Add a piece of butter into the hole of each apple where the core use to be. Add a dash of ground cinnamon to each apple.
- Pour the water into the baking dish. Cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. This will make the apple somewhat tender but leave them with a slight crunch still. (If you want them really tender bake for 45 minutes.)
- In the meantime, add mascarpone cheese, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg to a small bowl. Using a spatula gently stir until all ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- Remove apples from the oven.
- Serve each apple warm with 1-2 tablespoons of mascarpone and 1 tablespoon of toasted coconut.
- Serving Size: 1 apple halve
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 31 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 21 mg
Keywords: apple pie bites, mini apple pies, mini apple pie recipe, best apple pie recipe, easy apple pie recipe, baked apples, baked apples recipe, best baked apples