This Asian Chicken Salad is full of flavor, texture, and bright colorful ingredients. A healthy chicken salad recipe that can easily take the place of takeout! It’s packed with vegetables like snow peas and carrots and then topped with a homemade Sesame Ginger Dressing.
- 10 oz. of spring mix
- 1/2 cup of snow peas, cubed
- 3/4 cup red pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup of carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup of green onions, sliced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- season with salt & pepper
- garnish with sesame seeds, lime wedges and cilantro
Sesame Ginger Dressing:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, honey, sesame seeds, black pepper, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and olive oil. Mix until well combined and there is no more oil & vinegar separation.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat, about 350°F-375°F.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt & pepper.
- Place chicken on the grill and grill each side for 5-6 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes, then sliced chicken.
- In a large bowl place, fresh spring mix, snow peas, red pepper, carrots, green onions, mandarin oranges, sliced grilled chicken breast. Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and lime wedges. Serve with Sesame Ginger Dressing.
Keywords: healthy chicken salad, grilled chicken salad, easy salad recipes