This Apple Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash is an easy & comforting dish that screams Fall. It’s the perfect Thanksgiving side dish! Tender roasted acorn squash filled with a flavorful apple and sausage filling then topped with juicy pomegranate.
- 3 acorn squash, halved and seeded
Apple Sausage Filling:
- 1 lb. all natural sausage
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- garnish: chopped parsley and pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place prepared acorn squash on a baking sheet, flesh side down.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until squash is fork tender.
- In the meantime, to a large skillet add sausage. Break up with a wooden spoon and cook until sausage is browned.
- Add in onion and diced apple. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add in spinach and fresh thyme. Saute until spinach is wilted, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring throughout.
- Finish is parmesan cheese. Toss to mix everything together.
- When acorn squash is cooked through. Remove from oven. Change oven to HIGH Broiler.
- Flip the squash over and stuff with apple sausage mixture.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes, until sausage is browned.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and pomegranate arils.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed squash halve
- Calories: 428
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 878 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg
Keywords: stuffed acorn squash, sausage stuffed acorn squash, stuffed acorn squash recipe, roasted acorn squash, stuffed acorn squash with sausage, how to make acorn squash, how to cook acorn squash, how to make stuffed acorn squash, apple sauce acorn squash, holiday side dishes, easy holiday recipes, vegetarian Thanksgiving recipe, easy vegetarian main dish for Thanksgiving