A new take on apple pie! These Gluten Free Apple Crisp Cheesecake Bars are the new dessert favorite! These cheesecake bars are creamy, dreamy, scream fall and the apple crisp topping is to die for!
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup dry pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Apple Crisp Topping:
- 2 cups diced Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish by placing parchment paper on the bottom and up the sides for easy removal. Or thinly spread coconut oil along the sides and bottom.
- To a food processor, add pecans, dates, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Blend or pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. (It should be like crumbs but when you pick it up, it will stick together.)
- Evenly press pecan mixture on the bottom of prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, Greek yogurt, egg, 1/3 cup maple syrup, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Using a hand mixer, mix until everything is smooth, creamy and there are no lumps. Pour the mixture over the pecan crust. Evenly spread using a spatula.
- Place 8×8 baking dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit.
- In the meantime, heat a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add butter and Granny Smith apples. Sauté until the apples are tender, about 5 minutes. Next add the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring the entire time. Remove from heat and let apple mixture cool. (I put it in the freezer to speed up the process)
- Once apples are cooled pour on top of the cooled cheesecake bars.
- Now place the finished cheesecake bars in the refrigerator for 1 hour to let settle.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 32 mg