Rustic, comforting, and creamy gluten-free cheesecake bars topped with a buttery apple crisp. These easy bars are a fun new take on a classic fall treat!
For the Pecan Crust:
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup dry pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the Apple Crisp Topping:
- 2 cups diced Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish by placing parchment paper on the bottom and up the sides for easy removal. Or thinly spread coconut oil along the sides and bottom.
- To a food processor, add pecans, dates, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Blend or pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. (It should be like crumbs but when you pick it up, it will stick together.)
- Evenly press pecan mixture on the bottom of prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, Greek yogurt, egg, 1/3 cup maple syrup, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Using a hand mixer, mix until everything is smooth, creamy and there are no lumps. Pour the mixture over the pecan crust. Evenly spread using a spatula.
- Place 8×8 baking dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit.
- In the meantime, heat a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add butter and Granny Smith apples. Sauté until the apples are tender, about 5 minutes. Next add the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring the entire time. Remove from heat and let apple mixture cool. (I put it in the freezer to speed up the process)
- Once apples are cooled pour on top of the cooled cheesecake bars.
- Now place the finished cheesecake bars in the refrigerator for 1 hour to let settle.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 32 mg
Keywords: cheesecake bars, homemade cheesecake, easy cheesecake