Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings made with just a handful of ingredients. Perfectly crispy on the outside, extra juicy on the inside and covered in classic hot buffalo sauce. They’re a crowd-favorite appetizer or entree that comes together in a snap! Perfect for game day!
For the Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup franks original red hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
For the Chicken Wings
- 1 lb. chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- salt & pepper, to season
Prepare the Sauce
- To a small saucepan on medium-low heat, add hot sauce and butter. Cook until butter is melted, be sure to stir throughout. Once butter is melted, remove pan from heat and set aside.
Make the Wings
- Pat chicken wings dry and place in a large bowl. Season with avocado oil, salt & pepper. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat air fryer basket to 400°F for 2 minutes.
- Place chicken wings on air fryer basket, evenly spaced so they aren’t crowded. Cook for 8 minutes. Flip then cook an additional 8 minutes of the other side. (or until chicken wings are crispy and golden)
- Once chicken wings are done place in a large bowl. Cover with Buffalo Sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- To Store & Reheat: Refrigerate cooled wings in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Warm them up in a 380°F Air Fryer until heated through, flipping them after about 5 minutes.
- To Freeze: Flash-freeze wings on a parchment-lined baking sheet until frozen solid, then transfer to a heavy-duty storage bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Keywords: how to air fry chicken wings, air frying wings, chicken wings in air fryer