30 Minute Zucchini Chicken Enchilada Skillet a healthy gluten free dinner idea that comes together in one pan!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2” cubes
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced poblano pepper
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red chili enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- optional toppings: diced tomato, sliced avocado or chopped cilantro
- Season chicken cubes with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium hight heat.
- Add avocado oil to the skillet and then add chicken breast. Saute for 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the skillet.
- Immediately add garlic to the skillet and saute for 30 seconds. Then add onions and saute until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add red pepper and poblano pepper to the skillet, saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring throughout.
- Then add zucchini cubes, frozen corn and black beans to the skillet, saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the skillet along with enchilada sauce. Stir to coat everything and cook for 2 minutes. Top with cheese and cover. Cook for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve. Optional: top with diced tomato, sliced jalapenos, sliced avocado or fresh cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 466 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg
Keywords: chicken enchilada skillet, zucchini enchiladas, chicken enchiladas, easy healthy 30 minute recipes, skillet meals, one pan meals, gluten free dinner ideas, easy healthy chicken recipes, healthy mexican food, easy chicken enchiladas, chicken skillet recipes,