This easy 30 Minute BBQ Chicken Salad is the perfect family dinner idea and comes together fast. Filled with juicy grilled bbq chicken, fresh veggies, black beans, avocado and a cilantro lime dressing.
- 2 (6 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper to season
- 1/2 cup favorite bbq sauce
- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 350-400 degrees F.
- Season both sides of chicken breast with salt & pepper.
- Spray grill grates with cooking spray or rub down with olive oil soaked rag.
- Place chicken and corn on grill. Grill corn for 2 minutes per side, you’re just looking for a slight char then remove from grill.
- Grill chicken breast for 4 minutes per side. Brush with bbq sauce on both sides, grilling an additional 1-2 minutes per side once the sauce is on. The chicken will be done when it is no longer pink on the inside.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Then slice chicken and cut corn kernels off the cob.
- In the meantime, make the dressing. To a food processor add shallots, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, red wine vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, cumin and smoked paprika. Pulse until the cilantro is finely chopped. Add in olive oil and pulse until it forms a dressing. (oil and vinegar no longer separate) Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: to a large bowl add green leaf lettuce. Top with sliced bbq chicken, corn, cherry tomatoes, black beans, avocado slices and red onion. Serve with dressing on the side.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups of salad + dressing
- Calories: 403
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 618 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg
Keywords: BBQ Chicken Recipes, Summer Salad Recipes, Panera copycat recipe, high protein meals, lunch ideas, dinner ideas