This easy 20 Minute Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry is made with tender steak, crunchy veggies, and an amazing sweet and spicy sauce. A healthy meal that’s perfect for hectic weeknights!
- 1 lb. flank steak or skirt steak thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 8 oz. brown rice noodles
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- Optional: top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions
- Add flank steak to a large ziplock bag with 1 tablespoon of arrowroot. Toss around to coat and let sit.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add brown rice noodles to the water, stir and cook for 4-5 minutes. (DO NOT OVER COOK THESE OR THEY WILL BE STARCHY) Immediately remove from pot and drain with cold water. Let sit.
- Heat a wok or large skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil to the pan and the stir fry beef. About 3-4 minutes. Turning to brown each side throughout.
- Remove beef from the pan and place on a plate.
- Immediately add broccoli, red pepper, and garlic to the pan. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, to a small bowl add tamari sauce, water, ground ginger, spicy mustard, honey, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon of arrowroot. Whisk to combine.
- Add the beef back to the pan with the vegetables and add the sauce into the pan. Stir everything together. Then cover for 2-3 minutes and stir fry. Once the sauce is thickened you should be ready to serve.
- Serve the beef and broccoli stir fry on top of the rice noodles. (optional: top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions)
- Serving Size: 1 cup + rice noodles
- Calories: 508
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 583 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 66 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: stir fry recipe with beef, beef stir fry recipe, beef stir fry, beef stir fry sauce, beef stir fry with broccoli, best beef stir fry, easy stir fry, broccoli stir fry, how to make stir fry, stir fry sauce recipe