Air Fryer Pesto Salmon – this tender flaky salmon recipe is done in just 20 minutes. Each bite is topped with a fresh vibrant pesto for the perfect healthy weeknight dinner!
For the Salmon
- 4 (4-6 oz.) salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- salt & pepper to season
For the Pesto:
- 2 cups fresh packed basil
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- clove garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (or 2/3 cup depending on the type of consistency you like)
- 1/3 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- To a food processor add basil, pecans, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Blend until basil is roughly chopped up.
- Slowly add the olive oil till smooth.
- Once completely blended, pour mixture into a bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Set aside.
For the Salmon:
- Heat air fryer to 400°F and let preheat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel.
- Brush avocado oil on flesh side of salmon, season with salt and pepper.
- Using tongs, gently place salmon skin side down in air fryer basket and air fry for 9-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your salmon)
- Check for desired doneness. The best way to do this is to gently flake the salmon with a fork.
- Remove from air fryer and top with pesto.
- Serving Size: 1 filet + pesto
- Calories: 521
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 366 mg
- Fat: 41 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: pesto salmon recipe, air fryer salmon, pesto salmon