- 1 1/2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (in asian food aisle)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Place in a medium size bowl and season with chinese five spice, Toss the shrimp to coat.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add raw honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, and minced garlic. Using a whisk, stir together. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (i used a 10″) to medium high heat. Add in the grape seed oil. Add half the shrimp to the pan (so you don’t crowd it), cook for 1 minute per side. Remove the first batch from the pan and place on a plate. Add the second batch, cook shrimp for 1 minute per side. Add the other shrimp back to the pan.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp, toss to coat, and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp for the pan and serve.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
- Serving Size: 3-4 shrimp
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 595 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg