This quick and easy Turkey Sausage & Vegetable Rice Skillet is packed with flavor and nutrients! It’s an easy weeknight dinner that everyone at the table will love.
- 1 lb of turkey sausage, sliced into quarter sized pieces
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15oz) fire roasted tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 cup of corn (frozen)
- 1 cup of whole wheat rice
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp. cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup monterrey jack cheese
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté turkey sausage until caramelized. Once caramelized, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt coconut oil. Sauté onions, peppers, zucchini, and squash for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Then add drained beans, corn, undrained can of tomatoes, cumin, cilantro, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add rice, stir once cover and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Then add turkey sausage and sprinkle with cheese.
(Recipe adapted from Readyseteat.com)
Keywords: turkey dinner, turkey sausage recipe, easy dinner recipes for beginners, quick and easy dinner ideas, vegetable rice, easy healthy dinner