This Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Barbacoa is a super tasty beef recipe that’s perfect for tacos! Plus, it couldn’t be easier to make in your slow cooker.
- 4 chipotle peppers (from a can)
- 2 T. of adobo sauce from chipotle pepper can
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 whole head of garlic, peeled and cloves smashed
- 5 dry bay leaves
- 2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 T. kosher salt
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 5 pounds beef brisket
- 4 cups beef or chicken stock
- Lightly blend together chipotle peppers, adobe sauce, cilantro, red onion, garlic, ground clove, salt, lime juice, and cider vinegar. Pour mixture on the bottom of slow cooker. Place the brisket on top of this mixture. Add stock to cover the meat and place bay leaves on top. Use tongs to move the meat around gently to combine everything and put the lid on.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Once finished, turn crock pot to WARM and let sit for 6 to 8 hours. (Or cook on HIGH for 5 -5.5 hours)
- I made mine at 5pm the day before, it finished cooking at 9:30pm and then I let it sit on WARM overnight. It let the meat to soak in all of its goodness and made it super tender which means it was really easy to shred. (Use two forks to shred)
- Place shredded beef in large bowl and ladle cooking liquid over the top a few scoops at a time. You want the meat to hold the liquid but not swim in it.
- Serve with corn tortillas, limes, avocado, and tomatoes.
(Recipe from TheKitchn)
Keywords: beef barbacoa, easy beef recipe, taco beef recipe, slow cooker taco beef, slow cooker beef, slow cooker beef recipe, recipe for taco beef