I went to the grocery store this afternoon and was planning on buying some delicious Gala Apples to make Applesauce for Mr. Cason but then my eyes caught these amazing Green Anjou Pears. Plus another added bonus, they were on sale and the apples where not, and me being the Budget Saving Mommy decided to the go with the Pears.
Pears are a great source of fiber which will help with your babies digestive track. They also have Vitamin C and Copper which are considered Anti-oxidents and will help aid the immune system. This Pear Puree can be a great base for any multi-ingredient dish you want to make your baby. (Pears & Peaches, Pears & Green Beans, Pears & Sweet Potatoes, the list goes on)
- 4 Anjou Pears (or another Mild favored Pear)
- Fill a double boiler pot with about 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add pears into the steamer portion of the pot and let steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove pears from pot and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove skin from pear and cut flesh away from core and place in blender.
- Blend until desired consistency, add any reserved cooking liquid to make the puree smoother for your baby.