Paleo Instant Pot Autumn Squash Soup, filled with butternut squash, acorn squash, tummy warming spices and topped with bacon. An easy creamy squash soup that’s guaranteed to be the star of the fall!
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 acorn squash, cubed (skin removed)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon chili olive oil
- salt to taste
- 4 strips of crispy bacon, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt (optional)
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the Sauté setting and let it heat up.
- Add Grape Seed Oil to the Instant Pot.
- Next, add diced onions to the Instant Pot. Saute until translucent and slightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Then add in butternut squash, acorn squash, vegetable stock, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and fresh thyme. Stir to mix everything together.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot. Seal the lid.
- Cancel the Saute setting. Switch the Instant Pot over to the Soup/Broth setting and set timer for 15 minutes.
- When it’s finished, use the the Quick Pressure Release method. Remove the lid once the pressure is completely released.
- Add all of the soup to a blender, along with lemon juice, honey, salt to taste and chili olive oil. Blend until the soup is a “soup” completely smooth and liquidy.
- Serve the soup and top with crumbled bacon, a drizzle of chili oil and 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt. (optional)
** please note that the cooking time does not account for time for the Instant Pot to “come to pressure”**
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 85 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: gluten free recipes, instant pot recipes, healthy instant pot recipes, instant pot soup, autumn squash soup, squash soup, paleo recipes, side dishes, healthy soup recipes, kid friendly,