How to make perfectly tender Beets in the Instant Pot in 15 minutes with just 2 ingredients. This foolproof method leaves you with soft beets every time!
- 6–7 medium sized beets or beetroot (size of a large lemon)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Wash and trim the beets. Cut the stems so that they are about 1/2 inch long.
- To your Instant Pot add the steaming rack inside and arrange beets on top of the rack.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups into the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on and lock.
- Set Instant Pot to “Pressure Cooker” mode and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- When the beets are finished cooking, do a quick release method.
- Unlock the lid and test the beets. Using a sharp knife poke the beets. If the knife pierces the flesh without too much resistance, they’re done. If the beets still seem a little too hard, cook them under high pressure for 2 to 5 more minutes.
- Let the beets rest for 10 minutes. Once cooled, slide the skin right off using your hands.
- Slice up and serve.
- Beets can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Slightly adapted from NomNomPaleo.com
The size of your Beet does matter when it comes to cooking time.
- Smaller Beets (8-10 minutes)
- Medium Beets (12-15 minutes)
- Large Beets (20-30 minutes)
- Serving Size: 1 beet
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 102 mg
- Fat: 0 mg
- Saturated Fat: 0 mg
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: how to make beets, instant pot beets, how to make beets in instant pot, easy beet recipe