Grilled BBQ Hawaiian Chicken in Foil Packets with fresh vegetables, pineapple slices and a sweet salty bbq sauce that’s grilled to perfection! This easy foil packet meal will be your new favorite dinner recipe this summer!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt & pepper
- 1 red pepper, cut into large cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2” slices
- 1/2 red onion, cut into large cubes
- 8 pineapple slices (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- optional: chopped parsley to garnish
Hawaiian BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup favorite bbq sauce (I used Stubbs BBQ)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400°F.
- To a small bowl add bbq sauce, pineapple juice, tamari sauce, smoked paprika, ground clove and garlic, Whisk together.
- Lay out 4 sheets of heavy duty tin foil, enough to wrap the chicken and veggies. (I did about 1 foot long) Place chicken in the center of tin foil and then divide the veggies and pineapple slices evenly into each packet.
- Brush the chicken with half the Hawaiian BBQ Sauce. (make sure to separate the mixture if you are using a brush, don’t want to dip the brush into the marinade and then onto the raw chicken, no bueno)
- Close up the tin foil around the chicken and veggies to create a packet.
- Place tin foil packets on grill and grill for 13-15 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F.
- Remove from grill and let rest. When ready to serve, brush chicken and veggies with remaining sauce, garnish with chopped green onions and parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 foil packet
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 824 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 66 mg
Keywords: hawaiian chicken, bbq chicken, chicken in foil packets, hawaiian chicken recipe, how to make hawaiian chicken, hawaiian bbq sauce