These Crock Pot Pork Tacos with Avocado Crema are so easy to make in your crock pot! It’s a no-stress taco recipe that’s healthy and delicious.
Crock Pot Pork Carnitas:
- 3–4 lbs. pork loin, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large chipotle pepper
- juice of 2 limes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bottle of beer
- 2 avocados
- garlic clove
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 25–30 tortillas
- crumbled queso fresco
- pickled onions
- diced pineapple (or you could use mango)
- sliced jalapenos
- In a small dish add sea salt, black pepper, ground cumin, smoked paprika, oregano.
- Rub the pork loin with the spice rub.
- Place the pork loin on the bottom of the crock pot. Add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, chipotle pepper, lime juice, lemon juice, and a bottle of beer.
- Cook on HIGH for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the pork from the crock pot, still leaving the juices in the pot and cooking on HIGH.
- Using two forks, shred the pork and spread it out on baking sheet. (you may need 2 depending on how much meat you have)
- Turn the broiler on HIGH, place baking sheets under the broiler for 5-10 minutes. Or until pork gets browned and crispy.
- Then add pork back into the juices in the crock pot. Turn off and set aside.
- To a food processor add: avocados, garlic clove, lime juice, fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix until they are smooth.
- Assemble Tacos: to a tortilla add pork, diced pineapple, queso fresco, and avocado crema. Serve
Keywords: crock pot pork tacos, crock pot tacos, pork tacos recipe, pork carnitas tacos, easy tacos recipe, best tacos recipe, homemade tacos, how to make tacos