Healthy never tasted so good with this Chili Rubbed Flank Steak grilled to perfection, served on top of a parsnip puree, and topped with fresh chimichurri sauce to finish the dish! Holy yum is all I have to say!
On Monday I told you about this amazing recipe I couldn’t wait to share with you!
So, as promised, here is the Chili Rubbed Flank Steak with Chimichurri sauce.
There is just something about a perfectly spice rubbed steak that I can’t resist. Seasoning your steak with salt and pepper is great and it can taste awesome if you have an incredible cut of meat but what if you don’t!?
Well, spice rub that baby up and it will the shining star on your plate!
My spice rub for this recipe calls for smoked paprika, if you don’t have it, get it. I definitely recommend using that instead of regular paprika because it gives the meat a slight smokey taste!
Now, lets talk Chimichurri sauce shall we!?
The first time I had chimichurri was at a Brazilian steakhouse with the hubbie , the servers put a bunch of sauces on the table and I was totally addicted to this mystery green sauce.
Chimichurri is a fresh herb and vinegar sauce that is really popular in south american countries, they use it on fish, chicken, meat, basically any and everything to flavor up the dish. I don’t blame them, the stuff is seriously delicious!
Which is why I had to serve it on top of this Chili Rubbed Flank Steak, the combination of the two bold flavors will rock your palate.
To complete this rock star steak dish I added fresh creamy avocado, roasted cherry tomatoes, and served it all on top of the Rustic Parsnip Puree I posted earlier this week. The parsnip puree cuts through the fresh acidity of the chimichurri and combines all the flavors together!
This recipe is such a fake out, it looks incredibly fancy but seriously takes 30 minutes to make! These are my favorite kind of meals to make, its chill enough for a weeknight dinner with the family but fancy enough for guests on the weekend!
Plus it will leave a party in your mouth! Woot Woot!Print
- 2-3 lb. flank steak
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet, season with olive oil, and salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes, remove from oven and let sit.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl mix, garlic powder, paprika, cilantro, chipotle chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rub seasoning mixture onto both sides of the flank steak.
- Grill each side of the steak for 4-6 minutes, until its your desired doneness.
- Let steak sit for 3-4 minutes to let the juices settle, slice.
- Serve steak ontop of a bed of parsnip puree, roasted tomatoes, slice avocado, and topped with chimichurri sauce. (recipe for chimichurri sauce is here)