- 4 pears, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (substitute coconut oil if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a spoon or a melon baller, scoop out just the core from each pear half (don’t scoop out too much!)
- Place pear halves, cut sides up, in a 13×9- inch baking dish.
- Combine oats, wheat germ, almonds, honey and butter in a medium bowl until thoroughly coated. You can add a little more melted butter or coconut oil if needed.
- Spoon oat mixture evenly into pear halves.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown.