- 1/2 medium apple, chopped and then frozen
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low fat vanilla Greek or regular yogurt
- 2 tbsp toasted oats (Click here for the easy recipe.)
- Handful of fresh spinach or kale
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Drizzle of honey or 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp apple butter
- Add all all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pop a straw in your blender cup or pour into a glass and enjoy!
**Tip- I chopped the apple the day before and divided it between 2 small freezer bags. I froze the chopped apple overnight. I did not peel my apples because I wanted the added nutrients & fiber from the skin in my smoothie, but there were little chunks of skin in the smoothie. If the pieces of skin would bother you, feel free to peel and then chop your apple before freezing it for this smoothie.