Lately I have been on this kick with Avocados. They can add so much more to a simple dish and the creaminess of a good fresh avocado just leaves my taste buds begging for more. One of my favorite meals as a kid was BLT’s, I mean really who doesn’t like anything with bacon in it. I was in the mood the other night so I went to the store and bought some goods and decided to amp up the regular BLT and created my own A+ BLT. The “A” stands for…. you guessed it (so smart).. Avocado. The “+” is for the Chipotle Mayo that I add to the sandwich to give it a little needed heat and thus the A+ BLT was born. You have to try it!Print
- 1 lb. Turkey Bacon (or Low Sodium Bacon)
- 2–3 Roma Tomatoes
- Red Leaf Lettuce
- 2 Avocados
- Sourdough Bread
- 4 T. Mayo
- 1 Chipotle Chili minced (from can of La Costena Chipotle Peppers in Adobe sauce)
- 1 tsp. of adobe sauce from can of chipotles
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place bacon onto a baking rack positioned over a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. (Cooking bacon this way renders the most fat and is easy clean up.. no more crazy amounts of paper towels)
- Stir together mayo and chipotle peppers.
- Assemble BLT to your liking and ENJOY!