This Caprese Skewer Wreath served with a bowl of pesto in the middle makes such a festive appetizer for the holidays! Perfect for a party!
- 30–40 small wooden skewers (about 2-3″) or longer wooden toothpicks
- 3 cups of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz. mini mozzarella cheese balls (called bocconcini)
- 3 oz. basil pesto
- garnish with fresh basil and fresh rosemary
- To each skewer add 2 mozzarella balls and 2 grape tomatoes. Alternate the way you have them on the skewer because it will look nice as you assemble the wreath.
- Get a round serving platter. Place a small ramekin bowl in the center and assemble prepared skewers in the shape of a wreath. Depending on the size of your platter you may need to do a double layer of skewers. Next, stick pieces of fresh rosemary and basil in random places underneath the skewers to make it look like a christmas wreath.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. (can be made one day ahead of time)
- When ready to serve fill the small ramekin up with basil pesto and serve.
- Serving Size: 2-3 skewers
Keywords: caprese recipe, easy caprese recipe, caprese wreath, basil pesto, basil pesto recipe, caprese wreath appetizer, holiday appetizers, easy holiday appetizers, appetizer for holidays