This sweet and spicy Honey Garlic Sauteed Shrimp is easy, light, absolutely delicious and only takes 10 minutes to make.
I think part of the reason I love the holiday season so much is because it’s a time of rest. My husband is off all week and because there is TIME we can focus on being a family. Going to the movies together, shopping together, playing games together, eating out at restaurants together. Basically really being intentional about being a family!
It reminds us whats important.
During the year things get so busy and mental exhaustion sets in – which means more “at home in front of the tv” time. You don’t have to think or engage, just veg. But I HATE that we do that. It’s not fulfilling.
The past couple of days have been so nice, we’ve just enjoyed being together, laughing, taking pictures and making memories. It got me thinking. As we head into the New Year, one of my goals is to be more intentional about being a family. Doing activities that we enjoy, taking more pictures, playing more games, planning more “family dates” and not just mommy daddy dates. I want to be intentional about doing fun things together … as a family!
Just some things I’ve been thinking about as we wind down the holiday season and head into a New Year.
Luckily we aren’t done with 2015 yet … so I wanted to leave you with one last dynamic appetizer that will make your New Years party that much better!
In my mind, Shrimp and Cocktail sauce is the ultimate holiday appetizer. Shrimp trays are all over the grocery store for a reason, people love it. It’s simple and kinda fancy. However, I am not a fan of cold shrimp, it kinda weirds me out, think about it, we don’t it chicken or steak cold. Why shrimp?
One of the most popular recipes on my site is this Garlic Herb Roasted Shrimp with Homemade Cocktail sauce, it has over 258,000 repins on Pinterest! What does that tell me? That you guys kinda like shrimp too. 🙂
So the last recipe I’m sharing for 2015 is this 10 Minute Honey Garlic Sauteed Shrimp! You will love how easy this recipe is and how fast it comes together! Plus the flavors are pure perfection with a little bit of sweet, a little bit of salty, and a hint of spicy with a slight Asian twist. To die for!
Let’s just say that your year won’t be complete without making this Honey Garlic Shrimp! The burst of flavor from this shrimp is like no other!
So … if you’re in need of an easy appetizer to make for New Years, this recipe is it, less than 10 ingredients and it only 10 minutes to make!
Bon Appetite my friends! I hope you having an amazing holiday season!
- Serves: 4-6
- Serving size: 3-4 shrimp
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 595 mg
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg
- 1½ tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (in asian food aisle)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Place in a medium size bowl and season with chinese five spice, Toss the shrimp to coat.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add raw honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, and minced garlic. Using a whisk, stir together. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (i used a 10") to medium high heat. Add in the grape seed oil. Add half the shrimp to the pan (so you don't crowd it), cook for 1 minute per side. Remove the first batch from the pan and place on a plate. Add the second batch, cook shrimp for 1 minute per side. Add the other shrimp back to the pan.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp, toss to coat, and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp for the pan and serve.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!