Zesty Chimichurri Burgers are the perfect bold flavored burger to devour this summer!
Zesty Chimichurri Burgers topped with creamy avocado and roasted poblanos are the perfect bold flavored burger for the summer!
I feel like this summer has literally just flown by. We moved into our new house at the end of April, which felt like a whirlwind, then left for Jamaica in May, came back found out we were pregnant, then I was out of commission for like 3-4 weeks because I was sick and now we are almost in August.
My little man starts Kindergarten the 3 week of August and literally I’m a mess just thinking about it. Is he gonna know where to go? Will someone go to the bathroom with him? Will he make friends or be scared? Ughh.. my mind is just swirling. And of course it’s all the “worst case” scenarios.
Every night he goes to bed I pray that the Lord would prepare his little heart for Kindergarten. That he would have a great connection with his new teacher. That he would make friends fast. That his confidence would be built up and he would be bold.
I feel like those prayers are just as much for me as they are for him. To calm my momma heart down. To know that he will be okay and that the Lord will be there with him even if I can’t. I know the day I go to drop him off I’ll be crying and having mini seizures on the inside while trying to be tough on the outside.
Any words of encouragement would be appreciated!
Even though the school days are fast approaching, summer isn’t done yet. And neither are those killer burger recipes. This Zesty Chimichurri Burger recipe is inspired by a restaurant Mike and I went to on one of our date nights. It was a bison burger served on a sourdough bun with smoked gouda, roasted poblanos, avocado, and of course chimichurri sauce.
I am a known chimichurri addict. I would put it on everything if I could.
So putting it on a burger just seemed natural. Who needs ketchup!? There is way more flavor in chimichurri sauce and less calories. Just sayin.
This Chimichurri Burger has lean beef, served on a toasted wheat bun with juicy tomatoes, roasted poblanos, grilled onions, creamy avocado, and a zesty homemade chimichurri sauce! It may look big, and it is … but I guarantee will you devour every last bite of this burger!
Happy Grilling friends.
- 4¼lb 90/10 burgers
- salt & pepper to season
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted and then sliced
- 1 sweet onion, ½" slices
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- In a small food processor add, garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and salt, and pepper to taste. Blend until the cilantro is minced and the mixture turns to a sauce. Set aside.
- In the meantime, season both sides of beef patties with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Brush the poblano pepper and onion slices with canola oil.
- Place the poblano pepper and onion slices on the grill.
- Grill each side of the poblano pepper for 3-4 minutes, until charred. Remove from grill. Wrap poblano pepper in plaster wrap and let side for 5 minutes. Then remove charred skin with hands. Remove seeds and thinly slice the poblano.
- Grill each side of onion slices for 3-4 minutes. Set aside grilled onions aside with poblano slices.
- Next, place burgers on the grill. Grill each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Toast the wheat buns on the grill, about 2 minutes per side.
- To assemble the burgers: bottom bun, sliced tomatoes, beef burger, grilled onions and poblano peppers, sliced avocado, and drizzle with chimichurri sauce then finish with top bun.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Burger Recipes?