SKINNY CHEESECAKE for two made with greek yogurt and topped with fresh strawberries slightly sweetened with honey. The perfect healthy sweet dessert for those late night cravings!
Some women truly are amazing. To write one cookbook is a feat. But to write three, now that’s just superwoman. Add in having a baby on top of it and running a successful blog and well… I’m just in pure shock and amazement!
And honestly I have been for a while.
I can still remember the first time I met Christina from Dessert for Two. She was speaking at a conference and was on a panel. Of all the people on the panel, she was the one I connected with the most. She held herself with such grace, was very professional, spoke clearly from the heart, and gave practical information that was useful. (which doesn’t always happen at conferences) I was so drawn to her that I went up to her after the session, nerves fluttering because she was CHRISTINA LANE … and just told her what her session meant to me. That she felt so real and relatable.
I may have had a girl crush on her for a while… and still kinda do. She is the sweetest person you will ever meet. SO incredibly selfless and willing to help out if you have any questions.. and believe me I have asked her some questions! 🙂
I received her first cookbook, Dessert for Two, and loved it. Partly because I felt like I now had a reason to make desserts in the evening again …and it kept me from eating an entire brownie pan. (yes that would be 18 brownies… by myself!) The photos suckered me in and the recipes were so unique and tasted incredible! My all time favorite from that book is the Frozen Key Lime Pie on a Stick (oh and it’s dipped in chocolate)… yeah I know, sounds amazing right! Well, it is!
When Christina asked if I wanted to see her third book it was a no brainer! Of course!
Sweet & Simple is probably my all time favorite. She added healthy recipes… because after she had Camille (her daughter) Christina has turned all momma bear and admittedly withholds sugar from her daughter. (more props to her though.. I did it for the first year and then gave in… now Cason has poptarts in the morning on occasion. #momfail)
This cookbook has the same creative mind blowing recipes as all the others, like a Quick & Easy Baked Alaska (featured above), Cheesecake in a Loaf Pan, Slow Cooker Creme Brûlée, and Chai Pudding with Gingersnap Crumbles. But this time she has used a couple quick shortcuts tucked in that don’t skip on flavor!
All in all, her Sweet & Simple Cookbook is just that. SWEET and SIMPLE! Her writing is down to earth and draws you in, for a cookbook. She is witty, informational and fun! I know you’ll love the book and the recipes … well that’s a given! So if you’ve got a sweet tooth like me but don’t want to make HUGE batches that you’ll regret eating later. Buy this cookbook! You’ll LOVE IT!
*** I did receive the Sweet & Simple Cookbook for free. But as always, all opinions and statements are 100% mine and honest! Thank you! There are affiliate links in this post.***
- 1 cup 2% plain greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoon of cornstarch (or arrowroot)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- splash of water
- drizzle of honey
- extra yogurt, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and fit two mini 1-cup jars into a baking dish. Fill the baking dish with water so the water comes up the sides of the jars about 1". Set aside.
- In a mini food processor, combine the yogurt, sugar, egg, vanilla, and cornstarch. Pulse until well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the jars and bake for 23-26 minutes - the tops will appear set and may even start to turn very light brown.
- Cover the jars and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the strawberry topping in a small saucepan, combine the sliced strawberries with a splash of water.
- Cook over medium heat until they collapse and the sauce starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey to taste.
- Let the strawberry sauce cool, then divide it evenly on top of the cheesecake jars.
- Garnish with extra yogurt and more fresh strawberries.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!