A sweet homemade Raspberry Peach Cobbler for two with an Crunchy Oatmeal Pecan Crumble.
So, the past couple of months for the Mystery Dish I have ended up making something with the ingredients and didn’t realize it, posted the recipe, and then found myself having to come up with another one.
Well, not this month.
This month, I was on top of things.
This month I came up with the recipe like 3 days after the ingredients came out and didn’t post it until NOW!!
Our Mystery Dish host for June is Meriem from Culinary Couture Blog, if you haven’t checked her out yet you need to. She does some awesome sweet treats. In fact, the other day she made this Homemade S’mores Pop tart that I am so gonna try. S’more Pop Tarts were one of my favorite growing up!
Anywho, back on subject. This month for the Mystery Ingredients Meriem chose Peaches, Cheddar Cheese, Green beans, Corn, Chicken, Nectarines, Butter, Pecans, Heavy cream, Pesto, and Coconut milk/cream.
What would you make with these ingredients?
The first thing I thought of when I saw those ingredients was … PEACHES! I love love love them this time of year. Sweet, juicy, and absolutely delicious.
I feel like the Mystery Dish Recipes I typically make alot of are savory. For instance, last month I did the Zucchini Noodles with Mushroom Meat Sauce, the month before that I did Tex-Mex Chickpea Salad, and the month before that it was Coconut Shrimp with Thai Chili Ginger Sauce… so it was about time I did another dessert or something to satisfy that sweet tooth. 🙂
Peaches + Sweet Treat + Mystery Dish Recipe = AMAZING-addicting-completely-lick-the-spoon-off-with-no-shame Raspberry Peach Cobbler with Oatmeal Pecan Crumble.
The mild sweetness of the firm peaches along with the tender tangy raspberries is just want you want in a fruit cobbler, then topped with a crunchy Oatmeal Pecan Crumble makes this dessert stellar!
And of course, a cobbler is not complete without a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. Hope you enjoy!
- Raspberry Peach Cobbler:
- 3 large peaches, skinned and cut into ¼" slices
- ½ cup of fresh raspberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot
- Oatmeal Pecan Crumble:
- ⅓ cup of rolled oats
- ⅓ cup of white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup of pecan, chopped
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Optional: Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Preheat oven at 350.
- In a small bowl, add peaches, ground cinnamon, arrowroot, lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Next add raspberries and gently toss.
- Add raspberry peach mixture to a small sprayed 4x4 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add rolled oats, white whole wheat flour, pecans, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and melted butter. Mix till combined.
- Sprinkle on top of raspberry peach mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
For the Other Mystery Dish Recipes:
1. Ice Cream Sundae Cookie Bars by I Want Crazy2. Old Fashioned Corn Pudding by The Weary Chef3. Raspberry Peach Cobbler with Oatmeal Pecan Crumble by Joyful Healthy Eats4. Peach Raspberry Galette by Blahnik Baker5. Pecan Crusted Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce by Yummy Healthy Easy6. Sweet Corn Soup with Peaches by The Pajama Chef7. Dutch Peach Pie Bars by I Dig Pinterest8. Toasted Pecan Pancakes with Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Syrup by Baking A Moment
9. Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Butter Rum Pecan Glaze by The Well Floured Kitchen
10. Peach Pecan Cinnamon Roll Cake by Chez Catey Lou
11. Peach Frozen Yogurt with Pecan Graham Cracker Crumble by Culinary Couture