You’re just 4 ingredients away from these PALEO CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO TRUFFLES. Believe me, you want these on your cookie platter this holiday season!
Ugh… the past week I have been dealing with some sort of sinus infection morphed into a full blown cold accompanied by ear infection and coughing.
I hate being sick. I hate blowing my nose having my ears pop. I hate feeling achy all over.
But most of all, I hate feeling all of those things and still having to work! All I want to do is curl into a ball and sleep to get better.
But we leave for Ecuador in a little bit and I need to try and get as much work done now as I can so I don’t have to worry about it when we’re visiting family.
And on top off all that stuff, my upper back is jacked up so now I need to make an appointment to see the chiropractor.
I’m literally falling apart at the seams. And all around Christmas time. Boo whooo! Send help!
At least I can take solace in chocolate and cookies while I feel like poo.
And believe me, you better get all that chocolate in now before January 1st hits … because as soon as that date comes chocolate will no longer be found on Pinterest. It will be non-existent. The internet and Pinterest will be all about smoothie bowls and energy bites.
BUT! We’re not there yet, so let’s focus on the chocolate shall we!
A couple weeks ago I made my Chocolate Truffles for a small group Christmas Cookie event we had. If I’m being honest, part of the reason I made them was because they are so stinking easy and didn’t require an oven. Woohoo!
But I had forgotten on freakin’ amazing they are! I decided this blog of mine needed another Truffle recipe and since my Espresso Cashew Clusters were such a big hit, why not replicate the Espresso + Chocolate combo!
Enter these …. Paleo Chocolate Espresso Truffles.
These Truffles are the things dreams are made of. Creamy silky smooth chocolate, truffles soft enough you bite right through them, with a subtle hint of espresso!
You could stop there. But to ‘fancy’ them up a bit, I rolled them in a few fun topping. You know the ones that would go well with a cup of coffee …. Hazelnuts, Coconut, and then Cocoa Powder.
The only thing hard about making these truffles is showing self-control to not eat them while rolling them into balls. Believe me, it’s harder than you think.
Alright folks. It’s hard to believe this is the last recipe I’ll be giving you before Christmas! What!? It’s Christmas! Wohoo! I hope ya’ll have a wonderful Christmas with friends and family … and remember … Jesus is the reason for the season!
Bon Appetit friends!
- 12 oz. dark chocolate chips (get 80% cacoa or higher)
- 7 tablespoons of coconut milk (from a can of coconut milk, I use Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground espresso (not the instant)
- toppings to roll in: chopped hazelnuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, cocoa powder
- Add chocolate chips, coconut milk, and vanilla to a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add espresso to the chocolate mixture. Stir together until combined.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll the chocolate into 1" balls.
- Optional: roll in the toppings of your choice, I used chopped hazelnuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, and cocoa powder
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!