Moroccan Harissa Grilled Chicken Legs the perfect summer grilling recipe to wow the crowd!
Your grill to got a new best friend this summer! Moroccan Harissa Grilled Chicken Legs the perfect grilling recipe to wow the crowd this summer!
There is something relaxing to me about sitting down and watching a bunch of men fight over one girl.
Alright, chill ya’ll. I’m not talking about some crazy quirky show. It’s the Bachelorette! And it makes me happy.
For some reason the Bachelor and Bachelorette show just unites people.
When we were in Jamaica we met two really sweet couples that we connected with and both were from San Antonio! One of the girls is a Bachelorette addict like me so we’ve been texting back and forth after the show to talk about the “big moments” or “oh my gosh did that just happen?”
Like I said, there is just something about the Bachelor/Bachelorette that unites people and brings about commonality. It’s like talking about your favorite sports team. Ok, maybe not quite, but definitely that same excitement.
Alright, back to the subject. Food!
I have been meaning to make these Moroccan Harissa Grilled Chicken Legs for weeks now. In fact, I actually purchased the chicken legs for it a while ago. But then they went bad so I had to go out and buy another pack. I made it my mission this week to make these chicken legs.
And this Tuesday I spent the day making three different recipes for ya’ll and this recipe was one of them. I was out there in the humidity grilling in the middle of the day while the pool guys were putting the stone and tile on our pool smelling all the deliciousness!
I was trying to figure out, do I just glaze the chicken with the Harissa or do I add another layer to the flavor and rub the chicken down with a spice blend.
Well, ya’ll know me. I added another layer because life and food should be full of flavor!
These chicken legs are rubbed down with a flavorful spice rub that has a surprise ingredient that’ll make the chicken pop. Then the last two minutes of grilling I slathered these legs with a sweet spicy Harissa sauce! And wow! Can I just say, ah-mazing! These will definitely be a favorite this summer!
Bon Appetit ya’ll and happy weekend!
- 4.5 lbs. chicken drumsticks (or legs)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 oz. jar of mild or spicy harissa (I used Mina brand)
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Leaving one side of the grill off with indirect heat (or no coals on one side).
- In a small bowl add garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken legs to a large ziplock bag, then add the spice blend to the bag. Cover and mix around to cover the legs with the seasoning.
- Place chicken legs on the grill and flip every 5-7 minutes. Once they start to brown move to the indirect heat side so you don't burn them!
- When the internal temperature reached 185-190 degrees. Baste the chicken legs with harissa sauce and let cook an addition 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Easy Chicken Recipes?
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->