Moroccan Cauliflower Chickpea Pita – done in 35 minutes, filled with spiced roasted vegetables and covered in a creamy Tzatziki Sauce. A meal your family will love and perfect for meatless Monday!
Happy Monday! And can I get a H-U-R-R-A-Y because Monday night means I have date with me, myself, a glass of wine, and the Bachelor! 🙂
I don’t know about you guys, but we had an awesome, inspiring, and exhausting weekend. Not because it was Super Bowl weekend but because this weekend we had our first training on how to set up the new church we are helping launch.
I’m not sure I told you about this yet. Um.. so p.s. we are leaving the church we are currently attending to help launch a brand new church in our area. Not because we didn’t like the other church, BELIEVE ME, but because my husband and I both felt like God was leading us to this new church. And honestly, being there all weekend confirmed that.
I never thought I would be on the ground floor of a church or helping start it. I thought it was going to be too much work. I just wanted to sit in my comfortable chair and let everyone else do the work. It turns out God had other plans for us and I can feel my spirit come alive as we talk about what the entry way should look like, where the Cafe area should be, making people feel welcome when they walk through the door. I LOVE it!
Ok, something else I LOVE, Tzatziki Sauce.
In fact, I’m kinda obsessed with the stuff! I’m pretty sure it’s one of the best culinary discoveries the Greek’s have had besides Baklava.
As you can tell I was craving some Tzatziki sauce and was looking … searching for a vehicle to put it in. Ahem… enter this Moroccan Cauliflower Chickpea Pita!
Ya’ll, the flavors from the rich bold spices that coat these vegetables is incredible. Then those vegetables are roasted to enhance there nothing flavor and they turn into nothing other than pure vegetable candy.
As soon as they came out of the oven I was snacking on them and dunking them in the Tzatziki sauce. Who needs cookies and milk? You can have roasted vegetables and tzatziki sauce? It’s totally the same thing …
Ok.. I may have crossed the line. Not the same. Forgive me?
If anything I hope you understand the sentiment of what I’m trying to say … this Moroccan Cauliflower Chickpea Pitas are out of this world good. It’s a fun culinary change up for your family during the week and takes less than 35 minutes to make.
AND it’s perfect for Meatless Monday.
On a side note, can I just say I gave myself a pat on the back for posting a vegetarian meal on Meatless Monday.. normally I’m behind the game and post it mid week. But not this week. This week, I’m on my game!
Bon Appetit my friends!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½" slices
- 1 yellow squash, cut into ½" slices
- 14 oz. can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated cucumber
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons dry dill
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- salt to taste
- 7 whole wheat flatbreads
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large bowl, add cauliflower, red pepper, red onion, zucchini, yellow squash, and chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, add ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and ground coriander.
- Add the spice blend to the vegetables along with olive oil. Toss to coat everything.
- Spread vegetables out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss the vegetables around. Bake for another 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add greek yogurt, grated cucumber, lemon juice, dry dill, garlic clove, and salt to taste. Stir to combine everything.
- Warm up the flatbread or toast on a skillet for 1-2 minutes. Top with ¾ cup roasted vegetable mixture and finish with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt cucumber sauce. Serve
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!