Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Bars, filled with fresh fruit, lemon zest, and topped with a crumble that you won’t be able to stop munching on! These Bars are easy to throw together and make a great breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
Complete exhaustion has set in folks!
All week we have been clearing the house out, opening up the nooks and cranies to clear those out, packing a big moving pod up, coordinating the pick up of said pod, and coordinating the cleaning of our house. But yesterday… oh yesterday. Yesterday I pulled out all of the plants in our front yard bed and our backyard bed. Then replanted both of those beds!
To say that I am sore is an understatement. I had to literally force myself to stand up straight because I was hunched over for so long pulling .. no yanking huge plants out and then replanting. Two hours later both Cason and I were covered in mud because it has been hardcore raining here for the past 3 days! When I was finally able to sit down all I could do was soak into the couch and not get up!
Today, the real estate photographer comes over to stage our house and take photos that will hopefully entice people to buy it. I will say this whole thing is kinda surreal. We decided just a couple of months ago to sell our house. Honestly, I haven’t had time to get sentimental about the move. We have been moving so fast.
But yesterday after I worked on the yard I realized we are selling our house! The first and ONLY house we moved into when we got married. The house we built the foundation of our marriage in. The house we brought our first dog home to. The house we brought our first child home to. So many memories …. and … someone else is about to move into it and we are about to move out!
While it will be sad to leave this house behind, I’m excited for this next stage in our life.
I am also excited about this Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Bars! Pretty sure these need to be a staple in our house!
This recipe is incredibly easy, the crust and crumble topping are the same mixture. So you make it once, split it in half, making the filling and your done! These bars have the perfect level of sweetness and compliment the tart blueberries flawlessly.
They would be a great breakfast option, after school snack or even healthy late night dessert!
I am officially addicted to these and so is the fam … so I see many more Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Bars in my future.
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think … I really really really hope you make them because I know you will fall in love after the first bite.
Bon Appetit my friends!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups regular oats (not the instant kind)
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray for easy removal.
- To make the crust & crumble, to a large bowl add melted butter, white whole wheat flour, regular oats, honey, brown sugar, lemon zest and salt. Mix until just combined, mixture should be a little crumbly. Scoop out 1 cup of the mixture and set aside, that will be your crumble.
- Add the remaining mixture to the prepared pan. Spread the mixture out and using your fingers press into the bottom of the pan so the crust is in an even layer.
- To make the Blueberry Filling: to a small bowl add blueberries, brown sugar, lemon juice, and white whole wheat flour. Toss to combine.
- Add the blueberry mixture on top of the crust and spread out evenly.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top of the bars.
- (optional: dust the top of crumble with cinnamon)
- Bake the bars for 50 minutes. Remove the bars from the pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut and serve.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!