Sweet & Spicy HONEY SRIRACHA GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS – juicy smoky chicken thighs slathered in an easy Honey Sriracha glaze that will make you swoon! I guarantee these will be a hit!
I never quite understood what the hype was all about. I mean I’ve seen people wearing shirts praising this magical sauce. So finally, a couple months ago I decided to buy a bottle. You know. Take the big dive. Just to see what in the world everyone was so obsessed with!
Well, ya’ll. Now I understand! It’s pretty magical and quickly becoming a regular condiment on our table!
Last month we hosted a Super Bowl party at our house. I decided to make a couple different versions of wings, because what’s a Super Bowl party without wings!?
I made my popular Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings and then experimented with a Honey Sriracha Glaze.
The experiment was a HIT! People absolutely went bananas for this sticky Honey Sriracha Glaze… and I was one of them!
I knew I’d be posting a recipe this month using Just BARE Chicken Thighs, and the recipe was already in my head! Just so you know, I’ve literally been waiting a month to share this recipe with you and it’s been killing me! A month is WAY too long!
There is so much flavor packed into these chicken thighs, you’ll truly be amazed. I’m just warning you, you’re gonna have to exercise your self control in order to not devour them all! You can do it! I believe in you!
Part of what I love about Just BARE is their transparency! The brand focuses on its chicken, raising them in a good environment without antibiotics. The chickens are vegetable and grain fed and never given hormones or artificial ingredients. It just makes a down right delicious and JUICY chicken thigh ya’ll. You CAN tell a difference!
Thighs are one of the most flavorful parts of the chicken. Even Bobby Flay says, if given the option, he’d choose chicken thighs – every time! (True story.) Plus, they are super versatile; grill ’em, braise ’em, pan sear ’em, I don’t care what you do. Just make them!
So here are a few tricks I’ve learned with grilling chicken thighs. Before you even put them on the grill, make sure you trim off excess fat or skin. Why? Well, it IS extra fat you don’t need. But also, the fat from the skin when it’s cooking on the grill is going to drip and cause flare ups. So, you help prevent some of those by trimming the skin off.
Don’t worry, you’re still gonna get the crispy skin everyone loves, but the amount you need! 🙂
Now the sauce! Oh the sauce! This Honey Sriracha Glaze is sweet, salty, spicy and freakin delicious! You’ll want to lick the pan! When you first taste it, you’ll get fresh pops of ginger and garlic, then sweetness from the honey and then the Sriracha kicks in! It’s amazing!
I seriously can’t wait for you guys to try this recipe. Using the freshest products makes a huge difference in flavor! I guarantee it!
Bon Appetit friends! Happy Grilling!
*** This recipe was sponsored by Just BARE Chicken. However, like always all opinions are 100% mine! Thank you for supporting the brands that support Joyful Healthy Eats. ***
- 2.5 lbs. Just BARE Chicken Thighs
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 6 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 400 ºF.
- In a small saucepan, add butter. Once melted add in fresh ginger and garlic. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Next add in smoked paprika, ground cloves, honey, Sriracha and lime juice. Stir to combine and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Pat chicken thighs dry. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Spray grill grates with cooking spray or rub with olive oil soaked rag.
- Place chicken thighs on grill, skin side down first. Grill for 4-5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and grill on the other side for 4-5 minutes.
- Continue to cook chicken, flipping every 3-4 minutes so it doesn't burn until the internal temperature is 165ºF. (about 25-30 minutes)
- During the last 5 minutes of grilling brush the glaze on both sides of the chicken.
- Remove from grill.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!