Impress your family or dinner guests with this easy Honey Mustard Pecan Crusted Salmon recipe. All you’ll need is 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make this dynamite meal! Dinner just got easier!
It’s kinda crazy to think that just a couple years ago I had sworn off seafood. It really was one of those irrational decisions. I had nothing to base it on. I just decided I wasn’t going to like seafood so I didn’t eat it. That was that.
Luckily I have a husband who gently forces me out of my comfort zone and helps me explore things I wouldn’t otherwise try.
Now, I would totally do fish every night if I could. Even my little guy loves fish … and king crab legs which he proceeds to point out at the grocery store every time we go. So cute and funny. 🙂
When I go to the grocery store I try to keep an out of for salmon, halibut, or shrimp when it’s on sale. Luckily for you salmon was on sale a couple of weeks ago, 3 lbs. for $11!!!! I grabbed it and threw it in the freezer to use later …. well today is later!
One of my favorite ways to season salmon is with a honey mustard mixture. It is simple, only two ingredients and it gives the fish a nice tangy sweet taste! LOVE!
I haven’t tried crusting it before. Honestly I’m still experimenting with what works for salmon and what doesn’t. So this was most definitely a “let’s see how this comes out” recipe.
Well, I received raving stars on this one folks. I sent food over to my mother in law as a trade offering for a lemon … pretty sweet deal huh? 🙂 Well a couple minutes later I got a text that said “that salmon was phenomenal!!!”
Mike loved this recipe too and it goes perfect with the Pecan Asparagus Quinoa Salad I made .. that recipe is coming next week sometime so stay posted. 🙂
The salmon has a great flavor from the honey mustard mixture but the crunchy topping from the pecan crust totally takes this dish over the top! I added a little smoked paprika to the pecans as well for a slight smokey flavor.
This recipe has 5 ingredients, takes less than 15 minutes to make, and is packed with protein for a healthy weeknight meal!
So if you are in need of an easy no fuss recipe this Honey Mustard Pecan Crusted Salmon is it! It is easy enough for a family weeknight meal but definitely fancy enough if you are having company over!
Can’t wait to hear what you think friends and what you pair it with!! Bon Appetit!
- 4 4oz. salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cover a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Place the salmon filets on the prepared baking sheet skin side down.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard and honey.
- Evenly pour the honey mustard mixture over each salmon, using your hands to rub the mixture into the salmon on all sides.
- Next, add pecans to a food processor and finely chopped. Add smoked paprika to the pecans.
- Evenly distribute the pecan mixture on top of each salmon filet. Using your fingers, press the mixture into the salmon so it is coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 9-13 minutes, depending on how well you like your salmon cooked.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!