Grilled Red Snapper topped with a Roasted Red Pepper and Charred Tomato Relish for a light and fresh 30 Minute meal perfect for summer!
I had this thought the other day when I was upstairs playing Legos with Cason.
I have this summer with him and then he goes to school … for the next 22 years! You can find me sobbing in the corner!
Already this summer feels like it’s going by so fast. Before I know it, it will be time to go “back to school” shopping and then my baby will be in kindergarten. How did that happen so fast? I’m not ready for it! What am I going to do during the day? I’m so use to having him around all the time.
Then I had this thought of, have I spent as much time with him as I can. Have I truly taken advantage of him being home and me being home with him? Insert all the mom guilt… which we all know is a lie but is there none the less.
What a blessing it’s been to be a stay at home mom. To play ninjas, power rangers, or TMNT with my son – trying to find the bad guy or protect the fort. To build lincoln log villages with him, forts made out of couch cushions and blankets and putting together lego everything! I have loved being home for every step. I can still remember how excited I was when he finally figured out to put the square peg in the square hole or when he put together his first puzzle. Now he’s writing his name and beating me at UNO.
I know that August is going to be a huge change for both of us. So until then I’m going to soak up every moment I have with him… starting with diving into our new pool. 🙂
Speaking of summer. How are things coming on the grilling front. Have you been grilling almost every day!?
Well, I’m gonna give you yet another grilling recipe that I think you’re going to love! It’s grilled snapper topped with a roasted red pepper and charred tomato relish that you’ll die for.
The snapper has a nice smokiness to it from the grill and flakes off perfectly and the compliment of the fresh charred tomato relish will blow your taste buds away! As you can tell, the relish was my favorite part. Almost everything in here is grilled. The sweet tomatoes, the red pepper and the shallots. Then it is tossed with a little bit of white balsamic vinegar and fresh basil! Much! Perfection. I know you’re gonna love it. Plus it just looks like a show stopper!
Bon Appetit friends!
- 1 lb. red snapper, skin on
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt to season
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 pint of yellow sweet tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to season
- 2 shallots, sliced in half
- 1 red pepper
- 5 large leaves of basil, chiffon
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat grill to 375-400 degrees.
- Add tomatoes to a small bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on whole red pepper. Rub the oil around the pepper to make sure the whole thing is coated. Do the same with the shallots.
- Add tomatoes to a grill basket and grill for 5 minutes, tossing throughout. You'll want to remove them when they start to burst.
- At the same time add red pepper and shallots to the grill. Grill each side of the shallots for 3 minutes. Grill each side of the red peppers for 3-4 minutes. Remove from grill and place the red pepper in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 3 minutes. Remove the skin from the pepper and dice. Dice the shallots as well.
- To a bowl, add grilled tomatoes, roasted red pepper, grilled shallots, basil, and white balsamic vinegar. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Drizzle the red snapper with 1 tablespoon of canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place snapper on the grill, flesh side down first. Grill for 5 minutes. Flip the fish, and grill the other skin side for 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and top with charred tomato relish.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want more Seafood Recipes?