Crock Pot Chipotle Beef Barbacoa
Recipe type: Crock Pot, Beef,
Serves: 5 cups of shredded meat
- 4 chipotle peppers (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce)
- 2 tablespoon of adobo sauce from chipotle pepper can
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 whole head of garlic, peeled and cloves smashed
- 5 dry bay leaves
- 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of 4 limes
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 5 pounds beef brisket
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- Lightly blend together chipotle peppers from a can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, adobe sauce, cilantro, red onion, garlic, ground clove, sea salt, lime juice, and cider vinegar.
- Pour mixture on the bottom of slow cooker. Place the brisket on top of this mixture.
- Add stock to cover the meat and place bay leaves on top. Use tongs to move the meat around gently to combine everything. Put the lid on.
- Cook on HIGH 5 -5.5 hours. Use two forks to shred.
- Place shredded beef in large bowl and ladle cooking liquid over the top a few scoops at a time. You want the meat to hold the liquid but not swim in it.
Recipe by JoyfulHealthyEats at http://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/crock-pot-chipotle-beef-barbacoa/