Dairy Free CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN loaded with sun dried tomato flavor and a nice pop of basil for freshness! All made in one skillet for easy clean up!
Do you have a style that you like? A style that you tend to lean towards?
I think most people do. Which is why we have groupings like contemporary, farmhouse, tuscan, preppy, bohemian, sporty… they all describe what you tend to ‘lean’ towards.
Personally I think you can have a food style too.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything and anything Tex-Mex. And I think you know that already, if you’ve been following for anytime. That is hands down my favorite to cook and I KNOW I’ve nailed the flavor profiles on it. Just call me the next Bobby Flay!
But I’m also a sucker for Balsamic. Whether it’s Balsamic Reduction or just straight up Balsamic Vinegar. There is nothing like a good sweet syrupy balsamic to make a dish pop!
I think if I had to nail down my food style it would be those two things. Which is why this dish is a huge accomplishment for me! It’s definitely not in my wheel house. But I wanted to challenge myself and try it anyways.
I’ve had a jar of sun dried tomatoes sitting in my pantry for a while now and finally pulled my big girl panties up and made a dish worth showing you!
I think my favorite thing about this dish is the depth of flavor it has.
There is a subtle spice blend that’s rubbed all over the chicken and then seared in. The best part about cooking everything in one skillet is you don’t waste the flavors that stick to the pan. You can keep building on them! Which is exactly what I did in this dish.
After the chicken is seared I threw in the aromatics, the onions and garlic. Sautéed those up and got some flavor from the skillet. Then I added in cooking wine to deglaze the pan. What does deglaze mean? Adding a liquid to a hot pan you stir/scrap the bottom of the pan to get all the bits on the bottom of the pan off and incorporate them in the liquid for maximum flavor!
Then of course I added in the rest of the ingredients and brought it to a boil so I knew all the flavors were having a good time in the pan and getting to know one another. For the final stage I added the chicken back in, let it cook in the liquid a bit and then topped it with fresh basil (kinda like the cherry on top if you will.)
Everything about this dish was incredible! I just kept trying the sauce all along the way until I got the flavors I liked, which is my absolute favorite way to cook.
I served this Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken over a bed of brown rice noodles and it was absolutely killer! I seriously can’t wait to hear what you guys think!
Bon Appetit ya’ll and Happy Friday! Woohoo!!!
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup diced sun dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons cooking white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 14.5 oz. can of coconut milk
- ½ cup sliced fresh basil
- In a small bowl add garlic powder, dry oregano, parsley, onion powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with spice blend.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil to pan along with chicken breasts. Cook each side for 6-9 minutes (depending on thickness) until they are 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add the sweet onions to the pan, saute until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds.
- Next add in cooking white wine. Stir to get the goodness off the bottom of the pan. Add in the sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and coconut milk. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add Chicken to the cream sauce and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, top with fresh basil and serve!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!