CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI MUFFINS – it’s the Zucchini Recipe you’ve been waiting for! These muffins are moist, healthy from a few simple swaps, and down right deliciously addicting! They’ll be on repeat every week!
Last week I went on a binge involving my oven, which doesn’t happen very often. I wa making banana bread and banana muffin like it was going out of style! I had tons of bananas that I needed to get rid of, and of course the best way is by baking! Duh!
I actually frozen one of the breads because we have family in town this week and I thought it would be perfect to whip out for the kiddos.
All that to say, I started to get bored with making banana this and banana that. My true heart lies with Zucchini Bread, and based on the amount of pins on my Zucchini Bread Recipe, yours does too!
So I changed up the recipe a bit and made these CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI MUFFINS! Ya’ll, I’m officially in love! I think I have eaten at least half a dozen by myself…. and I’m kinda glad I made them before all the family arrived. Because then I didn’t have to share.. muahhahah! More for me!
These muffins have all my favorite heavy hitters that ensure you finish with a incredibly moist muffin! Dry muffins are a HUGE pet peeve of mine. It’s like eating crumbs and the muffin barely stays together after you take the first bite. Gross!
Coconut Oil, Honey, and Applesauce for the win to make sure your muffin stays moist! And of course the grated zucchini adds a layer of moistness as well! Basically no dry crumbly muffins here. Woohoo!
The flavor from the Cinnamon and Nutmeg totally amp this muffin up and pair perfectly with the grated Zucchini. These muffins are not overly sweet because there is no refined sugar is used. It’s just Honey and the natural sweetness from the applesauce and zucchini. (and the chocolate chips … hehe)
I added some regular oats this go around to boost up the fiber in these muffins, and a little texture changeup. I think you’re gonna love them!
These Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins make the perfect grab-n-go breakfast, a snack for the kiddos or a late night sweet treat for you. I’ve already decided that next time I make these muffins, I need to double the recipe and freeze some. So I have them on hand at a moments notice… or urge. 🙂
Bon Appetit friends! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and make lots of fun memories with the fam!
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup regular oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup grated zucchini (about 1½ zucchinis)
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a muffin tin by adding in cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, regular oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl, add honey, unsweetened applesauce, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
- Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chip.
- Add the batter to muffin tins, fill ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!