20 Minute BBQ Chicken Tacos, an easy taco that’s sure to take over Taco Tuesday!
20 Minute BBQ Chicken Tacos with a short cut you’re gonna love. This Chicken Tacos are loaded with light fresh flavors and are less than 300 calories a serving!
So guys, I have good news and bad news.
Which one do you like to hear first? Do you normally like the good news first or the bad news?
Me. I typically like to get the bad news first so that the good news is even sweeter!
So with that in mind, the bad news is…
The weekly Healthy Meal Plan I post every Saturday morning. The one some of you use to plan out your meals for the week, is going away. As you know, it was a group effort and sadly some of them had to move on and so we decided to stop it all together instead of trying to find “new recruits.”
Now, with that being said. I’ve toyed around with the idea of doing something similar. Maybe a weekly meal plan, or a monthly meal plan. I’ve also thought about doing a grocery list attached. But again, those are all just thoughts. What do ya’ll think?
I’d LOVE to know your ideas so please leave a comment or email me!
So, now that the bad news is out of the way. Let’s talk good news shall we?
One of the perks of being on vacation and going on a plane is gossip and food magazines galore. It’s the only time I really buy “trash” magazines but it always makes me feel good. It’s mindless activity and I get all caught up on my celebrity gossip. hehe.
On top of the 3 or 4 trash magazines I purchased, I also bought 4 foodie magazines. In one of them (Cooking Light), I found a gem of an idea –>BBQ Chicken Tacos.
BBQ Sauce. Chicken. Tacos. Where can you go wrong?
They used rotisserie chicken for a short cut, and this mommy is all about short cuts right now!
Ya’ll, I’ve made this recipe twice in 4 days. Which for me is a big deal! I’m always making new recipes, rarely do recipes get repeated the following week more less in the same week. But these BBQ Chicken Tacos are a keeper! They are loaded with flavor using minimal ingredients, only take 20 minutes to make, and are below 300 calories a serving! Heck yes!
These tacos will definitely be a go to recipe for me when I’m in crunch and need something to make fast! Plus it’s perfect for those summer nights because it’s super light and fresh! And would go well with my Ultimate Margarita.. just sayin. 🙂
Bon Appetit ya’ll!
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, use only the white meat (roughly diced) - will be about 3-4 cups
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce (I used Stubbs)
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 10-12 leaves of lettuce (bibb lettuce, boston lettuce, or butter lettuce work)
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly diced
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- To a medium bowl, add diced white meat part of the chicken and BBQ sauce. Toss to coat everything. Set aside.
- Turn stove burner on to medium heat. Add shucked corn straight on top of burner. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes until slightly charred. Remove and let rest. When cool, about 2 minutes, slice the corn kernels off the cob.
- Assemble the tacos.
- To one lettuce cup add a large scoop of BBQ chicken mixture (about 2 tablespoons), 1 slice of avocado, cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, and a lime wedge. SERVE!
F YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Taco Recipes?
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->